Enter Absence Requests (Leave Requests) for all Employees
To perform this HR-related task, you must first Navigate to the HCM Self Service Homepages.
Purpose: This document is for all SPSCC employees to use as a reference for requesting time off in ctcLink. Leave requests are referred to as absences in ctcLink.
NOTE: If your supervisor denies an absence request, you cannot request another absence for that same day until you delete the denied request. To do this, use the View Requests tile and delete the "Denied" absence request. Then, you can resubmit for that same day.
1. On your Employee Self Service homepage, select the Time Tile.
To Enter Absence Request
1. On Time homepage, select the Request Absence Tile.
2. When the Request Absence page displays, select your Job from the drop-down menu. NOTE: Managers requesting on an employee's behalf must choose "Request As" Employee (from the drop down menu).
3. Select Absence Name from the drop-down menu.
4. For some types of absences, an Absence Reason drop-down menu will show.
5. Select a Start Date and an End Date. Based on the Start and End Date, the Duration will auto generate. Be sure to check that the duration is accurate (i.e. 7 hours instead of 8 hours). If the Absence is only for one day, you may enter a new Duration time as needed.
6. If the Absence is not for a full day, you must click on the bar for Partial Days and choose an option.
Options for Partial Days:
- None: No part of the absence is a partial day.
- End Day Only: Last day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start Day Only: First day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start and End Days: Both the start and the end days of the absence are partial days.
- All Days: Every day of the absence is a partial day.
If Partial Days is chosen, the user must indicate:
- Is the End Day a Half Day? (Yes or No).
- If the answer is no, then how many hours is the partial day absence for? (enter Duration in hours).
- Select the Done button to return to the Request Absence page.
7. You may add a comment to your Absence Request. Comments are optional, but if a comment is needed, add the comment before submitting the request. Comments are considered public records and cannot be deleted from the system.
8. To Submit the Absence Request, click the Submit button.
9. Click Yes. You should see an overview of the submitted absence request.
Re-Submitting an Absence Request for the Same Day (if previously cancelled)
NOTE: If your supervisor has denied an absence request, you cannot request another absence for that same day until you delete the denied request. To do this, use the View Requests tile and delete the "Denied" absence request. Then, you can resubmit for that same day.
1. Return to the Time homepage, and select the View Requests tile.
2. On the View Requests page, select the Canceled Absence Request that you wish to re-submit (for the same day).
3. The Request Details will show a status of Canceled. Make changes to the request.
4. Select the Submit button.
5. The status will change from Canceled to Submitted. The process to re-submit a canceled absence request (for the same day) is now complete.