Clear my Browser Cache
Directions for clearing your Browser Cache are shown below for the following Browsers:
If you would like to view screen shots of these directions click on the link in "References" on the right hand side of your screen.
Microsoft Edge - Windows 10
- Select the ellipsis in the upper right corner of the Edge browser window and select Settings.
- Select or tap on the Choose what to clear button
- Be sure that Browser history, Cookies and saved Website data, and Cached data and files are checked and then select or tap the Clear button
- All Clear! will be displayed briefly when completed.
- Close all browser windows and restart Edge
Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- From the Safety menu, choose Delete browsing history... Hit Alt if menu is not visible
- In the Delete Browsing History window, uncheck Preserve Favorites Website data and be sure that all other check boxes are checked.
- Select Delete. Close all browser windows and restart Internet Explorer
- In the Chrome address bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Be sure that at least the following are checked in the Clear browsing data window:
- Browsing History
- Download History
- Cookies and other site and plug-in data
- Cached images and files
- Choose the beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear browsing data. Close all browser windows and restart Chrome
- From the Open Menu Panel or from the top left menu (hit Alt if you don't see the menu), select History and then select Clear Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear, select Everything. Select the Details down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear
- note: check ALL boxes
- Select Clear Now. Close all browser windows and restart Firefox
Safari 5.1.7 (Windows)
- From the top left menu (hit Alt if you don't see the menu), select Edit and then Empty Cache...
- Hit Empty on the warning box. Close all browser windows and restart Safari.
- Open Safari. Select Safari on the top left menu and select Preferences
- Select the Advanced tab and then check Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Close the Preferences window
- Select Develop from the top menu and then select Empty Caches. Close all browser windows and restart Safari.
- From the Opera menu on the top left, select Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security and then select Clear browsing data...
- Choose the Beginning of time from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear browser data. Close all browser windows and restart Opera.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data then confirm. Close all browser windows and then restart browser
- Go to Settings > Choose Apps or Application Manager
- Swipe to the All tab
- Find your browser in the list of apps. Tap Clear Data and then Clear Cache. Close all browser windows and then restart browser.
Need More Help? Contact:
IT Services Help Desk
if you run into any issues following this guide, please contact the IT Services Help Desk to resolve them.
We're open from 7:30am to 5:30pm weekdays:
- at 360-596-5544
- or email@example.com
- or https://spscc.zoom.us/j/99293489933
- or even visit us in person on the first floor of Building 25