Set Up Multifactor Authentication (for Login Security)
All employees at SPSCC are required to have additional authentication measures, beyond just username and password. These factors make our networks and college data more secure.
Your ClipperID can be secured with multiple factors including an app, an SMS (text) code, a voice code, or a USB security fob. Employees will be asked to set up a minimum of two of these factors but can enable them all if they prefer.
Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Overview video
The first time you use your ClipperID you will be prompted with onscreen instructions to setup your first additional factor. After completing this set up, you will be prompted at login to verify your identity using one of the factors you enabled, with the default being whatever you used last.
Below are detailed help videos on how to set up each of the additional factors. We strongly recommend that you set up at least two, specifically using different hardware, in case something goes wrong with one.
- Okta Verify phone application for Android and iOS phones. Setting Up Okta Verify Factor Video
- USB/NFC security fob. Setting Up a Security Key Video. Employees can pick up a free Yubikey fob at our help desk or purchase one of their own.
- SMS code. Setting Up SMS Authentication Video
- Voice code. Setting Up Voice Call Authentication Video
You can update your factors at any time by going to your user settings at login.spscc.edu and adjusting them as needed.
Need More Help? Contact:
IT Services Help Desk
if you run into any issues following this guide, please contact the IT Services Help Desk to resolve them.
We're open from 7:30am to 5:30pm weekdays:
- at 360-596-5544
- or firstname.lastname@example.org
- or https://spscc.zoom.us/j/99293489933
- or even visit us in person on the first floor of Building 25