Approve Overtime Requests
To perform this HR-related task, you must first Navigate to the HCM Self Service Homepages.
NOTE: The Approvals Tile on the Manager Self Service homepage provides access to actions requiring supervisor approval (i.e. payable time, absence requests or overtime requests).
On the Manager Self Service page, select the Approvals Tile. If you see the Employee Self Service page instead, use the drop-down menu to select Manager Self-Service. If there are pending approvals, a corresponding number will show in the bottom right corner of the Approvals tile. If there are no pending approvals, a "0" will display.
The Pending Approvals page displays a list of pending approval requests such as absence requests, payable time requests, overtime requests etc.
- Once a pending item is reviewed, appropriate action must be taken: Approve, Deny, or Pushback.
- You may view pending approvals by Date Routed, From, Priority, Requester or Type.
- A filter button is available if multiple pending approvals are listed. To view additional request information, select the appropriate transaction or row.
Approving Overtime Requests:
1. Select the Approvals tile, from the Manager Self Service homepage.
2. Once the Pending Approvals page displays, select the Overtime Requests action from the left navigation pane
3. When the Overtime Request displays, ensure the checkbox to the left of the specific overtime request is selected.
4. Enter an Approver Comment. This is optional, but all comments are considered discoverable.
5. Once the box(es) have been checked select either Approve or Deny in the upper right hand corner. NOTE: Pushback is not available for this transaction and will act as denial.
6. A message will be sent the to employee informing them of the action taken by the manager.